Health of your Marriage Questionaire
Respond to each statement by taking 2 points for a yes response, 1 point for a sometimes response and 0 points for a no response. Try to answer the questions as honestly as you can.
1. Even when we fight, we show respect for each other ( )
2. I admire and respect my spouse, in spite of his/her shortcomings. ( )
3. My spouse admires and respects me in spite of my shortcomings. ( )
4. I can still feel my spouse’s love for me, even when we disagree. ( )
5. I’m ok with apologizing when I’m in the wrong. ( )
6. I can name my spouse’s best friends. ( )
7. I can list my spouse’s three favorite movies. ( )
8. I know the three most special times in my spouse’s life. ( )
9. Periodically I ask my spouse about his/her world right now. ( )
10. My spouse is familiar with my hopes and aspirations. ( )
11. I will often find some way to tell my spouse “I love you”. ( )
12. I often touch or kiss my spouse affectionately. ( )
10. I am really proud of my spouse. ( )
14. My spouse appreciates the things I do in this marriage. ( )
15. Our sex life is generally satisfying. ( )
16. I look forward to spending my free time with my spouse. ( )
17. My spouse is interested in hearing my views. ( )
18. At the end of the day, my spouse is glad to see me. ( )
19. We have a lot to say to each other. ( )
20. Whatever we do together, we usually tend to have a good time. ( )
Total ( )
A score of 10 or below suggests that your marriage is badly in need of some improvement.
A score between 10-20 suggests that your marriage can benefit from some improvement.
A score between 20-30 suggests that while there is a good deal of strength in your marriage, there is still room for improvement.
A score above 30 suggests your marriage is very strong.